The term Personal Branding is believed to have first appeared in an article by management guru and author Tom Peters in the August 1997 issue of Fast Company magazine.
Tom Peters wrote, “We are CEOs of our own companies: Me Inc. To be in business today, our most important job is to be head marketer for the brand called You.”
Today personal branding has become the norm, instead of the exception! People use personal branding to enhance their reputations, become seen as experts in their field, establish credibility and trust, and advance careers or businesses.
Successful and well-executed personal brands and branding campaigns share certain commonalities:
- Personal brands are Authentic.
- Personal brands are Consistent.
- Personal brands are Targeted.
- Personal brands are Communicable.
- Personal brands convey Trust, Credibility, and Value.
Having a personal brand carries many benefits; increased visibility is one of them! When you project a positive image, doors open that might otherwise have been closed. You control how people remember you and also that people DO remember you.
Additional opportunities for success emerge from increased visibility. Here are a few ways Amazing Resumes & Coaching Services can help you increase your visibility and communicate your personal brand / value to others.
- Branded documents, including resumes, cover letters, biographies, LinkedIn profile
- Social media – LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, blogs
- Speeches and workshops
- Elevator speech (pitch), business cards, electronic signature
- Branded slogans
To learn more about personal branding and how it can benefit you and your career, please contact us at (410) 653-7679 for more information.